What is "Africa: Seasons of Living"?

Discussion regarding the project "Africa: Seasons of Living"
BobsCreek

What is "Africa: Seasons of Living"?

Post by BobsCreek » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:36 am

Africa: Seasons of Living, a Journey for Conservation, Wildlife & Knowledge

In early 2019 (March/April) I will be shipping my 2015 Chevrolet Colorado to South Africa and starting my journey, which over the course of the 2 years will include Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Zambia, Tanzania and Kenya.

My goal is to sit down and talk with guides, anti-poaching personnel, rangers and so forth to discuss conservation issues and collect their own personal stories of "why" they got involved, what events have touched them deeply, how certain events have colored their lives.

I will be using my personal Facebook, my business website, Instagram along with the Africa: Seasons of Living Facebook page & Public Forum to keep followers updated, provide product reviews, discuss aspects of the trip along with providing photos and "teaser" stories. Of course I will also be using the assorted Chevrolet Colorado Facebook pages, Colorado Forums, along with filing reports on Expedition Portal, Safari Talk and other forums.

The goals for this project are to help increase awareness of the challenges facing our wildlife but from a more personal viewpoint, seeing through the eyes of people who live the life day in and day out. My plan is to also to produce 2 books, one a "coffee table" style book heavy on the photos with some brief stories from the trip, the other an actual book with the collected stories from the people working in conservation, mixed in with some of my adventures and a small helping of photos.